|<Back to International Index Page|
co Kilkenny and co Carlow
1. Thomas Shirley of Belmount, co Kilkenny, b. pre 1728, held 151 acres of lands at Bellmount, Coon East Kilkenny in 1766; He died pre 1793; He is identified as the father of John Shirley of Knockabranna Co Carlow on an exterior leaf of his son's 1836 LW&T. haplotype E
2. John Shirley, esquire of Croan, co Kilkenny - b about 1721. died before 1791. Married Sarah "Shirly" in 1741. Family held the property of Belmount and Croan.
1. William Shirley of Carlow and Ontario Canada married Elizabeth Kidd 1806 in Co. Carlow Ireland. Family lived Drummond, Lanark Co and at Brook Twp, Lambton Co Ontario
2. James Shirley of Carlow and Ontario Canada - born in Co Carlow Ireland. Moved his family to Perth Ontario Canada. Son James born 1835 married Catherine McDonald. Some in family later moved to Bay City Michigan.
1. William Shirley of Kilkenny and Ontario Canada - William Shirley who married Mary Ounahan in Kilkenny. This family moved to Canada. Canada
2. James Shirley of Kilkenny and New Brunswick Canada born 1794 Kilkenny Ireland. Son William Frederick Shirley born Aug 10, 1826 Richibucto, Kent County, New Brunswick Canada. He married Sarah Robterson. Supposedly the son of James Shirley and Nancy Berry Doloway
3. Thomas Shirley of Tullamaine Kilkenny, gent. Catholic. He held considerable townlands at Knockreagh, Tullamaine, Thomastown Catholic Parish, Kilkenny. He was a cess payer for lands at Tullamaine, Shillelogher Barony in 1834. Catholic. haplotype E
4. Thomas Sylvester Shirley b 1852 "Gardenaman" Kilkenny, died June 1924, m. Sarah Jane. Son James Michael d. 1958 Liverpool England. He went to USA in the early 1900's and became a citizen.
1. John Shirley and brother James Shirley - born in the late 1830s in Londonderry. Both married in Philadelphia USA and moved to Mason Co Illinois.
2. Valentine Shirley - born 1803 in Rhee Aghadowey Parish, Coleraine Derry. Died 1895 in Quincy, Norfolk Co Massachussetts USA
3. John Shirley Birth: 1836 Ireland Death: 1897, age 61 Coleraine,Aghadowey,Londonderry; Lived at Ballygawley in Aghadowey. Family settled in Greenock East, Renfrewshire Scotland
4. Shirley Families of the Rhee, Aghadowey Parish, Londonderry.
5. Robert Shirley of Caheny Townlands, Aghadowey Parish, Londonderry; Born about 1835 (age at death); He was Presbyterian but his children were raised as Catholics; He died at Caheney in 1874, age 39; Married Elizabeth Hutchinson New
1. Alexander Shirley born about 1806; He was at various times a laborer and gardner; Died 27 Nov 1878, age 72 at Dublin Ireland; buried at St Catherine's Parish Living at Ardee St Dublin at time of death. Married Elizabeth ____
1. Mathew Shirley of Ballygarrett Wexford Ireland and Genesee Co NY USA; born about 1800 Ireland, Children christened at the catholic church in Ballygarrett Wexford. Family migrated to New York USA about 1856. Supposed the family first moved to Canada prior to entering the US.
2. Thomas Shirley bricklayer of Camolin Parish Wexford. Moved to Dublin, Family raised in Dublin
All Rights Reserved