|<Back to International Index Page|
1. John Shirley of Knockabranna, Carlow son of Thomas Shirley - b about 1750s. This pedigree traces the descent of the family from the early 1700s from Thomas Shirley who held 151 acres at Belmount Kilkenny. Huge pedigree covering 5 generations. haplotype E1b1b1
2. William Shirley married Elizabeth Kidd 1806 in Co. Carlow Ireland. Family lived Drummond, Lambton, and Brooke Ontario Canada
3. James Shirley - born in Co Carlow Ireland. Moved his family to Perth Ontario Canada. Son James born 1835 married Catherine McDonald. Some in family later moved to Bay City Michigan.
1. John Shirley and brother James Shirley - born in the late 1830s in Londonderry. Both married in Philadelphia USA and moved to Mason Co Illinois.
2. Valentine Shirley - born 1803 in Rhee Aghadowey Parish, Coleraine Derry. Died 1895 in Quincy, Norfolk Co Massachussetts USA
3. John Shirley Birth: 1836 Ireland Death: 1897, age 61 Coleraine,Aghadowey,Londonderry; Lived at Ballygawley in Aghadowey. Family settled in Greenock East, Renfrewshire Scotland
4. Robert Shirley and Alexander Shirley, farmers of the Rhee, Aghadowey Parish, Londonderry. New
1. Paul Shirley of Burnchurch Kilkenny son of Thomas Shirley - of Garnaman and Burnchurch Co Kilkenny. married Mary Rice of Newlands. John was a Protestant of Burnchurch and Mary was a Catholic of Newlands. They were evicted by their landlord, Lord Farmley. Some in family moved to Australia and some to the US.
2. John Shirley, esquire of Croan - b about 1721. died before 1791. Married Sarah "Shirly" in 1741. Family held the property of Belmount and Croan.
3. Paul [?James]Shirley of Kilkenny - supposedly married Catherine Butler. Lineage via son William Shirley who married Mary Ounahan in Kilkenny. This family moved to Canada. Lineage is clearly a variation of others found on this page
4. John Shirley - born 1817 and lived at Coolcullen, Mothel Parish, Kilkenny.
5. James Shirley born 1794 Kilkenny Ireland. Son William Frederick Shirley born Aug 10, 1826 Richibucto, Kent County, New Brunswick Canada. He married Sarah Robterson. Supposedly the son of James Shirle and Nancy Berry Doloway
6.Richard Shirley was born 1817 in Killkenny Ireland. Died at Hobart Tasmania. He was evicted from his land at Burnchurch and sentenced to 21 years transportation to Tasmania.
1. Alexander Shirley born about 1806; He was at various times a laborer and gardner; Died 27 Nov 1878, age 72 at Dublin Ireland; buried at St Catherine's Parish Living at Ardee St Dublin at time of death. Married Elizabeth ____
1. Thomas Sylvester Shirley b1852 Waterford, died June 1924, m. Sarah Jane. Son James Michael d. 1958 Liverpool England. He went to USA in the early 1900's and became a citizen.
All Rights Reserved